Thursday, December 11, 2008

First night in NYSC orientation camp


I arrived camp on the last day of registration precisely on friday 21st november 2008 around 11:47pm. yes at night, it was that late. oops sorry the camp was located at iselle-uku, delta state, Nigeria. as soon as i arrived, the guards told me to drop my box for search, so i obliged, during the search ne of them saw my hair cream so he opened it and said "hei look igbo(weed) dey inside na all this boys wey they smoke igbo". then one of them said your in trouble, i just smiled and said " i have not been in possession of weed before , for Christs sake every one knows soul mate has a little of stuffs inside, and its an ingrident for hair growth, and how do i even extract the weed from the hair cream for the smoking essence and that was that , they calmed down. about 10mins of my time had already been wasted. one of them said "let him go and do his registration" before the office closes. the office closes by 12. the security man pointed to a building very far away from the gate that was the only place there was a bulb in the camp. Every where was dark, i was scared on my way to the building, i remembered i kicked so many stones while dragging my box to towards the building, cos i wanted to meet up with the registrars fast. fortunately for me as soon as i got there i was attended to and i registered. i was told to go to another dark room to collect a foam. it was over. i layed down on the foam and wrote all of these.

I remembered that about 1 hour ago, i was on my way to a place i have never been before, then i was scared, nervous, asking lots of questions inside the bus, all these suddenly gone, time must pass, things must happen, ability to find your self in a condition that is not suitable and riggle your way out of it is what makes you a man. things would hapen and it would still pass away.

No comments: